TumuhaTEC’s Digital Youth Festival
7th of March
QNCC Hall #9
School visits: 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM
General public: 1:00 PM – 6:00 PM
The Digital Youth Festival is a dedicated area within QITCOM facilitating innovative, meaningful and enjoyable experiences, where Qatar’s youth aged 8 and above can immerse themselves in an amazing range of technology-related activities that focus on instilling the skills needed for emerging technologies in a digital future.
A Fun-Filled Experience
Visiting youth will embark on a journey of specially designed zones that aim to spark the imagination through fun–filled technology related activities:
- 1- A Coding zone – where youth can program robots, apps and simple electronic devices.
- 2- A “Maker Space” - youth will discover the process of making things as they work with different technologies, like 3D printers to design, build and test various projects.
- 3- An Edutainment zone – encouraging critical thinking and collaboration among youth through play.
- 4- A Digital Presence zone - intriguing youth to think about their own presence and behavior in cyber space.
- 5- Tech talks featuring young motivational speakers working in tech to inspire young minds.
As 8th March is International Women’s Day, the Festival will feature a selection of activities and talks geared specifically towards young women to inspire them to pursue opportunities in the technology sector.
Educators Are Welcome
Recognising the fundamental role that teachers play in children’s ICT education, the Digital Youth Festival has a zone dedicated just for teachers: an “Educator Empowerment” zone showcasing digital teaching tools.
For Enquiries firstname.lastname@example.org